$129.00 incl GST & delivery
OneCar is a comprehensive STEM program that allows students to explore mechanics, energy and motion in exciting ways. There are 8 OneCars in the pack and each OneCar has a low friction car chassis, four wheels and supplies to allow students to create at least 6 different powered versions. Students design and use a solar panel, electric motor, capacitor, kitchen chemicals, compressed air, propeller and more to get the car moving. Great classroom challenge!
This product ships to Australia & New Zealand
The Classroom Pack contains components to construct 8 OneCars. Also included are Instruction master sheets and you can view or download the Teacher’s Notes with guidelines for extended classroom activities & investigation (see below). The kits can be de-constructed for multiple use from year to year.
Level: Year 6 to 9 / Middle school
The emphasis is on an ‘open-ended lab‘ where students have the opportunity to design, develop and try new creative ways of propelling the car. The basic car provides a working, low friction platform from where students can start their discovery. We worked hard to make this classroom STEM project simple, safe & clever. We trust that it will make your classroom an inspiring and engaging space.
What is in the box?
- Sufficient parts to construct 8 OneCars, making 8 battery cars, or 8 capacitor cars, or 8 solar cars, or 8 air cars, or 8 propeller cars or 8 chemical cars.
- With a few extra parts, the cars can further be converted into Elastic and Mousetrap powered cars. A very versatile concept!
- One set of instruction sheets. (See link to download more, at Instruction Sheets)
- Teacher’s Notes with guidelines, extended classroom tips & ideas can be downloaded below
- Not included: You will require 2 x AAA batteries per car as well as tools such as pliers, scissors, a small hammer, bicycle pump and kitchen chemicals
Level: Grade 6 to 10 / Middle school
Teaching: STEM, engineering process, product design, simple machines, motion, Newton’s laws, electrical circuits, renewable energy, energy conversions, energy storage, chemical reactions
Classroom Integration Ideas: Click here
Additional information on OneCar: www.onecar.science
Replacement Parts: The kit can be de-constructed for re-use from year to year. You may, however, need to re-order some components. A replacement parts list can be downloaded here.
Return policy: Your satisfaction and success with our products in the classroom are important to us. We will gladly replace any missing or defective parts if required. If you want to return the product, please send us an email. All products must be returned in their original boxes with all components included.